28.11.04

Make up entry for my First Thanksgiving dinner!

Hihi. Yaya.. I know.. Thanks giving is a holiday celebrated by Americans only. But I had the chance to have a taste of a Thanks giving dinner held buffet style in Regent Hotel on the day itself! It was pretty good, ofcoz I went with an American friend(how else would I ever get the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?) and he told me about all the different things he would eat back home on Thanks giving. He said that Thanks giving actually is the occasion where the Americans eat the most as compared to any other festival of the year! And he said back home he'd have like loads of food. And Americans seriously eat alot...

To check out the origins of Thanks giving see here
http://www.thanksgiving.org/2us.html

So the dinner was nice. All sorts of meat, yam in sugar(sweet potato), bbq steak(which was unusual for buffet), mash potatoe with cream cheese, salmon spinach pie, salad, turkey(which i didn't try coz he say it wasn't nice. and was a little dry. funny no gravy though)pumpkin pie, pecan pie and lots of fresh raspberries! yum! I had chocolate moose and creme bulee as well! yummy yummy!! hahaa...

He also tried to order Egg Nog, which they didn't serve without alcohol, so he decided not to get that eventually. Sounds weird huh. I thought so too, had no idea what it is until I went grocery shopping with him where he bought for himself 2 packets of it and I got the chance to try it afterwards. Apparently it is just milk with eggs and suger... something like that.. but the packet ones are just egg nog flavoured milk. The taste is quite interesting.. actually it taste alittle like baileys... just that it doesn't contain alcohol. So I do kindda like it since I like baileys.

So if anyone want to have a try on thanks giving food. Egg nog could be a start! haha.. It tastes good anyway as a drink itself. ;P

Going for breakfast now~ ciao~

No comments: