29.10.04

sweet caress of the sunlight
brightening up my day
though i know that some day it will rain
i still allow myself to play

bright sunshine, when will you go away?
will you come back after the rain?
but love is selfish, and i want you to stay.
even if the flowers will wither and the woods decay

I want you to be mine
to be here always.
to only make my days better
and not all they.

And so i cry and so i whine.
coz i can never make you mine.
you don't want to and you can't
and you'll have to go someday.

Go then. Go.
I'll love you still.
but i don't want your warmth.
I'd rather leave this beautiful land and look for a pasture of my own.

I'll leave, I'll go.
I can't stay with you no more.
It hurts me more then the withered flowers
It hurts me more then you know.

for love is selfish
and you must know.
if it's not selfish,
it's love no more.

and for love is selfish
and so am i
I shall make my way to a greener life
to leave you before it hurts too badly.

And may i wish and hope that might,
when i look up into the skies you'll be there
and i'll be smiling
and i'll carry this memory for life.

And may i wish and hope that might,
when you look around and find my traces
you'll be smiling
and you'll carry this memory for life.

No comments: