2.3.04

Fruitful or not?

The weekend was truly extraordinary..I went on my Geylang excursion with a good friend, and after which clubbing! haha... okie i know, clubbing isn't a very interesting or fun thing to do to most ppl, or atleast most of my friends. I too don't really think clubbing is very eventful or fun, but something there simply attracts me. Maybe it's the people there, maybe it's the surroundings, maybe it's just the feeling that you can be someone else there, and of cause a light drink. ;P
and so, we stayed at boat quay till 3+ where the shops closed, believe it or not, we actually went to the coffee bean to have coffee... haha.. at mid night? not something i'll do definitely on a normal day..well, we were pretty tired from all the walking and searching during our fruitless geylang excursion, and so we decided to lie down for awhile along the Singapore riverbank. I almost fell asleep, but was woken up by the unbearable itch caused by the mosquitoes? no idea, but something that causes itches got me.. anyway, i woke up to a soft snore... it was soothing somehow.. almost charming.. haha.. he is so going to puke at reading this..anyway, it was already 4+ by the time i woke up, and i thought i should be going home, the riverside ain't such a nice place to sleep anyway.. ;P so i turned and wanted to wake my friend up. Oh, it was such a painful decision... As ppl who know me well would know, I love to look at sleeping ppl.. especially when one is sleeping so peacefully... I tried waking him up while wishing he won't actually.. DILEMMA!!! oh well, he woke up eventually. and we went home via a taxi... I'll get to see him again soon. really enjoy poking fun at him hehe...
Well, and then there's Sunday. I was planning on watching a football match in the morning, as you might have guessed, the drink and lack of sleep got me, and i didn't feel like leaving my bed until it was almost noon, which didn't really help, i calculated 6hrs of sleep, which is like so much less then my normal dose of 8-10hrs. and then again i haven't been getting my full 8hrs atleast of sleep lately, which i think is the cause of me having flu now... ;<
anyway, i met up with another friend for a light lunch, picnic and theater. Marriage of Inconvenience. It's a local production which is pretty damn good. It's a comedy, talks about interacial marriages in singapore. The lead characters are pretty straight, which makes the supporting actors really fun to look at. The parents of the female lead were hilarious. The show is about this couple which consist of a philipino male nurse and a chinese female doctor whose relationship is strongly disagreed by both party's family and close kin. It's pretty interesting how they changed the roles of the 'norm' in the play, anyway as you might have guessed, it all ended with a happy ending of the couple getting married and all. Overall, i think the show is a worthwhile one, and i would introduce it to friends whom i think wouldn't mind spending 30 bucks for theater.. ;>

No comments: