30.4.06

New experience~!

Who would have guessed? I tried out for the 1st time in my life being a beer promoter in a pub! And not just a normal pub.. It's a sleazy one down at Joo Chiat Road.. hahaa.. :P Okie. perhaps I'm sounding a little too happy for this. But, it was really fun!

I liked the new experience, the different kinds of people I met in the pub, and also other girls who have been in the line for some time. Pretty amazed.

It's funny, but even though alot of the guys in the pub found me attractive and wanted to know me. I could feel a significant difference in attitude between them and me and them and the "Gold Diggers" there. Perhaps it's the way I hold myself, or perhaps, it's just the way I am. They treated me with respect which I found very nice considering they are guys that went to the pub so as to hug and snuggle with unknown vietnamese girls, or perhaps any girl that comes around.

Things were cool. There were some guys that were playful teasing me and making things difficult a little, but it was all healthy fun. And there was also this one guy that was particularly helpful to me. Teaching me the ropes of the trade when he figured that it was the 1st time I was there.

One thing I still couldn't figure out though, was how was it that I still looked studious after changing into the Uniform? hmm.. I simply couldn't believe it. When I met up with my partner, I could understand, coz I was wearing kindda a smart casual, so she couldn't believe that I was to be a beer promoter. But even after I changed into the uniform in the pub, there were still alot of the pub goers that asked me if I was still studying and/or commented that I didn't look like someone who would be hanging out in a place like that. I've got a face too cute for sleazy pubs? hahaa.. Or perhaps too nerdy.. :P But hey, I'm neither.. maybe it was just the way I was. *shrugs*

Anyway, things ended unexpectedly well. I was a little worried at 1st, wondering how it'd be like. If I would be able to handle it. Will I meet bad guys. Blah blah blah.. Ya, I know, I count myself pretty lucky this time round that nothing negative happened to me. I know I won't be doing this kindda job again unless I'm really really in need for money. It's afterall just for the experience, and for me to look at life in a different light. A different angle, and in the shoes of another group of people whom I'd otherwise never have the chance to see.

See, this is the fun of life. The fun of being alive.

No comments: